T asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 5 months ago

"they don't make em like they used to" is this statement true or false when it comes to movies?

• John

You can make the argument that both Movies and TV aren't what they used to be, but let's explore why. Visual media is the last frontier of entertainment. So much was done in past decades that there is virtually nothing left. That's why there are so many remakes of past works. So don't blame current filmmakers for the current situation. Their predecessors didn't observe the old show biz adage:"Leave 'em wanting more".

It's true, The Golden Age of Porn is over and there are no stars like Seka and Vanessa Del Rio any more

True. Nowadays it is too much about (fast and lots of) action.

• Adam

In a literal sense of how movies are made, it's true, just given how technology has changed.

But in a more figurative "Movies aren't as good as they used to be" way, it's total hogwash. There are hundreds and hundreds of great movies released nowadays. And there were also hundreds and hundreds of awful movies released back in the day. People just like to complain and glorify the past.

True, with modern digital and CGI movies are a lot different than 50 years ago.

I think it's true, with a few exceptions.

Absolutely true! Movies today rely too heavily on special effects and are nothing more than eye candy. Old movies were character driven with real acting and a good story.

Its true.

Technology and techniques have advanced. Nobody uses the old style cameras, light and sound equipment anymore. They use the newer, better stuff.

• mokrie

I kind of agree. We have more special effects but the movies seemed better before. Better editing, better story lines. One of the best movies ever made was Ben Hur with charlton Heston. Compared to the newest version there is no comparison.

true instead of entertaining me, it wants to educate me, I hate school