Kylee asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

Seeking advice and insight- Sorry in advance for the length of the question.?

Today I received a phone call and got some good news. I won two tickets to Lagoon (an amusement park) and I was excited, obviously. I asked aloud who I should take with me, and my mother says "Well, why don t you give them to your brother for his birthday because he helps out so much,and he and a friend can go." Now let me add some context, I recently returned from a trip to Disney World which I had won through a school prepared speaking competition, and I figured that it was only fair that he should be able to go do something fun too. I picked the tickets up this afternoon and bought a birthday card and everything, but despite myself, and despite my good fortune of being able to go to Disney World, I am a little jealous. I already told my mother that I would give my brother the tickets, and I still am planning on doing so, but I can t help but feel that my mother wants me to do this as a way to repay my brother for all of the money he gives her, and all of the things he does around the house. I do feel like he deserves to go do fun things too, but I d like some insight on the situation. I also have a little sister who would enjoy a ticket just as much, but my mother automatically defaulted to my brother. Am I overreacting? I would just like some insight and opinions on the situation from an outside perspective. Thanks!

i think you both should go

• kavana

Give them too your brother and suggest taking your sister with him?If not,no dramas.Yous are very lucky too have a gd brother/son.

You could go and take your little sister. I bet she'd love that!