Mother keeps asking for money but I cannot afford to give her any. How to deal with this?

My mom and stepdad are quite toxic. I'm 25 and I had left suddenly because of this and before I did, they threatened to kill my partner. They always said I owed them since they've helped me even though I helped my fair share. My stepdad wasn't and still isn't working so I was helping pay rent and... show more My mom and stepdad are quite toxic. I'm 25 and I had left suddenly because of this and before I did, they threatened to kill my partner. They always said I owed them since they've helped me even though I helped my fair share. My stepdad wasn't and still isn't working so I was helping pay rent and the bills. Also, driving them everywhere whenever they asked even when I was exhausted. I've rented a room since an apt is a bit much for me. I have that along with my car, phone and food bills. I'm also trying to pay off my credit card so I'm not left with much. The only time she really contacts me is for money. I gave her 500 to return a leased phone that I used to use before she started to block my services. She now wants rent money. My name is still in the process of being removed since it was a new lease when we had signed so itll be another month. I gave her all I had for the phone and asked if my stepdad got a job yet and that I thought he would have one by now. (Its been past 6 months and to them finding a job was easy because of their background). She responded with a yes or no would have sufficed and I shouldn't judge someone unless I've walked in their shoes. They have judged me plenty concerning work since I went to college for biology and how easy it all is to get in work. I'm not sure how to respond to her. I can't afford to help her much and with the ways she comes out at me when I tell her no makes me not want to.