Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 6 months ago

Why did he try to get me pregnant but still don’t want to be with me?

This happen when I was 18 he was 20 and he tried to get me pregnant knowing he doesn’t want to be with me I found that very weird because a couple of dudes I was with before made sure not to get me pregnant lol

• God

You shouldn't be fu cking with someone that doesn't respect your body.

• John P

Are you sure he was really trying to get you pregnant, or was it simply a way to get you to have sex with him? He possibly hoped that the "baby" word signalled "commitment" to you.

some baby daddies don t care

• LizB

Google the term "reproductive coercion."

• helene

How do you know he was trying to get you pregnant? Maybe he was only TRYING to have a better orgasm, and merely assumed you would abort if he got you pregnant.

• Pippin

So -- why did YOU agree to try and get pregnant with a man you were not in a serious long-term relationship with? (Ideally with a wedding ring already on your left hand.)

Are you sure he was trying to get you pregnant, maybe he just didn't bother taking precautions. Did he tell you he was trying to get you pregnant? If you are fairly sure he was then you can ask but this sounds to be more like he was just irresponsible but I could be wrong. In the future you probably want to make sure you two are on the same page with this before having sex.

If that's making you laugh, you have serious mental problems. Why are you focusing on the past? You have responsibility to use birth control to protect yourself. Blame is on both partners if neither wants to take responsibility for birth control.