Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 6 months ago

What is the longest American theatrically released movie of all time?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Do you mean the movie that stayed in theaters the longest.

Or

Do you mean in running time in minutes. There are concept movies that last 800+hours,but not shown in theatres.

These posts are giving two sets of answers.

• SW-6
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

The first thing to jump in my mind is "The English Patient. It wasnt as long as a "Gone with the Wind" but my gosh, i thought it would never end. Really good movie, but jeez...

• 5 months ago

Star wars was projected in theaters for 3 years after it's release in 1978

• 6 months ago

Avengers Endgame

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Gone with the Wind (1939) 238 minutes or 3 hours and 58 minutes.

• Boomer
      Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

The theatrical version was 221 minutes. Lawrence of Arabia was 222 minutes.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Considering the Lord of the Rings is broken down into parts...

Google keyword search "longest epic movies", and you will get images of movies and their run times

If you keyword search "longest American movies" ... here are some of the results:

The Cure for Insomnia - run time is 87 hours

Four Stars - run time 25 hours

Heaven's Gate - run time 5 hrs 25 minutes, beating Cleopatra by five minutes

• Mike W
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

The longest single cinematic release I could find was Cleopatra (1963) 5 hours 20 minutes.

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

good answer; also, film has several official length versions, the initial one in theatres being about three hours and fourteen minutes, and several other version runtimes of up to five hours and twenty one minutes or so; great film, the more the better; superklative acting, direction, sets & outfits

• Speed
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Gone With the Wind, at three hours and 58 minutes.

• Lv 4
      6 months agoReport

good answer; great film, also, the runtime varied/varies depending on intermission duration etc

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.