emma asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 5 months ago

why did god do this to me?

all i want is to be a professional ballet dancer. Unfortunately, i was given a terrible body for it. No arch in feet, no flexibility, too internally rotated, etc. And please don’t comment “you can work towards these things!!!” you don’t know how HARD i work to improve these things with abolitely no results. Even a doctor told me God didnt make my body for ballet. why would god do this to me when he know it’s all i want? he gave it to other people, why not me?

I think you're blaming the wrong person Emma... we are a genetic make-up of our parents / grand-parents. I'm afraid God doesn't have a lot to do with it.

Having said that, I feel your pain. It is awful for someone to want something so badly but not have the talent / body to do it. I suggest you take comfort that you will always be able to take classes for fun whatever age you get to.

Lorraine had a very good answer. I too understand your pain. I know what it is to beat your fists against a door that will not open, but I can tell you that you are overromanticising the life of a "ballerina". Having been there and done that, it is not at all what you fantasize. Continue to take ballet lessons as long as you enjoy them, but for your own emotional health, be open to other interests.

God die and does nothing for you because He doesn't exist. Blame heredity.

God didn't do anything to you!

If there was a god, and he is holy as they say he would be, then he wouldn't be capable of evil. I am an atheist Soo there's your answer.

Because there's more to life than ballet and you're not looking at that.

That's a good question to ask God, don't you think.

Jehovah is our father, so talk to him, get closer to him, get to know him and ask him for what you want. For him nothing is impossible, seek a real relationship with him and your life will be changed forever and for the better.

Because deep inside, that's not what you actually want. Stop complaining. God doesn't make mistakes and blaming God will only do bad to you. You weren't made for ballet but you were made for something else you might love even more. Stop whining and get over it now. You can still do ballet, even if you can't be a processional.

perhaps your true calling is to be a ballet teacher and pass along your love of the art to children...

Perhaps God decided that chopping vegetables and washing pots and pans was more your calling in life?

Maybe you’re not meant to be s ballet dancer. Maybe you’re born to be a stripper. You can still fulfill your dream of dancing