dcm asked in News & EventsMedia & Journalism · 5 months ago

I like Yahoo so much, but the Yahoo News is so unprofessional and slanted that its hard to take you all seriously anymore.?

• C

You're not speaking to yahoo here. This is a forum for procrastinators, retired people, and shut-ins. Your fatal flaw id to treat yahoo as relevant to today's digital landscape. It's really a legacy company, left over because of inertia. (I must hold my hands up guiltily, I've had a yahoo account since everyone had to pay for one and it was an exciting new venture .) It's not a news organisation either. The majority of their articles are syndicated from various sources. There's actually a broad range of sources from across the political spectrum. However, the more you click on articles you disagree with in order to feel that frisson of righteous indignation the more the algorithm will think that that's the news slant you prefer and will direct more to your feed. We don't see the same front page when we log in. Yahoo will feed you what it thinks you want to see - and so will every other new aggregator. That's how they make their money.

• Ala

I have noticed that. But there are many other places to get news.

They hate Republicans and Trump as much as CNN and MSNBC.

Then use a different website. It's not as if Yahoo is the only source of news on the internet.

• Joel5 months agoReport

they are not news sources, they take information from everyone else and makes it "easier" to find what you are looking for