If my 8 year old child trades his Spiderman toy for his friend's action figure, is that considered income and is my son subject to taxes?

Update:

Does he need to pay anything on his return?

Update 2:

Serious question, since trading and earning Bitcoin I just found out was 'taxable income' if it wasn't received as a gift.

This isn't even considered money or currency, like what the hell is this....

Update 3:

Trading assets has become taxable now?

Update 4:

I'm not that old (19) so I wouldn't know about most things when it comes to taxation

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Only in a person's delusional mind. Really? Two 8-year old boys TRADE toys - who cares?

• 5 months ago

IRS will not notice so just keep quiet about it.

• 5 months ago

no dumb ***....ask google

• 5 months ago

Hypothetically, depending on the worth of the two items.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

If the child trades it for something worth more that it cost the child, then yes, the profit would be income and is theoretically subject to taxes. But there is usually no tax on income for a person with less than a few hundred dollars of total income for the year. So I wouldn't worry about it.

• 5 months ago

You're 19 and you have an 8 year old? You probably have never had a girlfriend. Why do I have the feeling you're the same JeffTroll that posts the 'what would you do if you saw an X year old adult male hanging out with a y year old minor female?'

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Don't feed the troll.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

uh,no. Would be far below the filing limit.

• NA
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

https://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc420

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.