Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

Are redheads with freckles really unattractive?

I'm 32 years old,.with pale skin and redhair..I was.bullied as a.teen and i am still being bullied today! " why are you so pale,." Omg.you are so pale af"

I.feel so disgusted with myself now, im.going to try to tan alot this summer and. Get blonde highlights

• C

Being a redhead I am prejudiced :) but no, we're not unattractive! We are highly divisive though. People who like redheads really like redheads (I'd be surprised if by your age you've not come across any almost fetishistic admirers) and those that who dislike us really dislike us. I've occasionally come across people who've expressed that redheads "smell right/wrong/good/bad" and they may not be as crazy as they sound. Out of all the different shades people come in on this planet the gingers who carry gene MC1R (that's most of us, the Papa New Guinea redheads have a different genetic expression) have a different kind of melanin. Sensing that someone is genetically compatible is often expressed as someone "smelling right or good" in a way that has nothing to do with soap or perfume. So, I guess what I'm saying is that people can't help being divided on the issue.

I'm also going to hazard a guess that the people who tell you that you look sick or that a tan would make you "prettier" and touch up pictures of you without your permission to give you a tan are mostly women. It's a thing. Ignore them. These are the same people who tell curly haired women that they really need to get a straitening treatment or small chested women that they really need to get a boob job so that pedos won't fit on them. It's a character flaw in them, not you.

• C

Huh? For me that's almost always been from women. Are you sure it's not some kind of negging move?

No, they're beautiful.

DO NOT expose yourself to the sun. You'll regret it. Go get a bronzer or a spray tan if you want to look darker. Your skin is of the type that ages prematurely anyway and lots of sun exposure is just going to make you look old before your time.

• Amanda

Lol so I'm never suppose to go in the sun? It's not like I'm going every day for hours end...I use 30 spf and 45 on my face and up to a hour. Someone has to be out for hours everyday to get bad damage

Don't listen to all their bull*hit, be proud of who you are, I'm an old Ginga well white now , jealousy comes out in silly people. Be very careful in the sun skin cancer isn't funny! Enjoy life.

• kim

They say this because you are beautiful. People cant get over exotic beauties, whom ever they are. They feel its impertainate to come on to you so they make an inquiring comment. But honey they all wonder bout your naked beauty and dont think for a minute they aren't interested. A nice smile would go a long way here !

• Amanda

Thank you , but I am far from being exotic ..lol I think dark hair and tanned women are exotic. I wish I looked like them

• Alan H

Not at all. Most seem beautiful to me

Be proud of who and what you are

i would want to explore and find more

DO NOT TRY TO TAN!

As a redhead with freckles, your skin is most likely type 1, which means

1- you will not tan

2- you will get sunburned

3- you will increase your chance of getting skin cancer

Trying to conform to the 'desire' of others is useless and futile. There are most likely more people who would prefer you as you look now than idiots who just want to put you down.

Redheads with freckles are cute. The people who have and still do bully you are more than likely jealous of your cuteness. Besides, bullies are nothing more than people with low self-esteem who degrade others, in order to feel good about themselves. Losers. The next time a bully gives you grief about your looks, counteract it with a comment about their looks.

• ......

Redheads are usually beautiful to me.

One of the most beautiful women I EVER fell for, was a red head.

She was taller than me as she was like 5'11 and fit (she used to be out of shape when I first saw her).

I was in my late 20's when I fell for her.

She's the ONLY woman I ever gave a note to (I know a note is childish though).

In the note, I wrote, "You're the most beautiful red haired woman I've ever seen and maybe I'll talk to you the next time I see you around."

I didn't know what her reaction was because I told her that I had to go.

She ended up finding the note strange when I went up to her to apologize but she also told me not to worry about it and then walked away from me.

She knew I had been checking her out for weeks before I went up to her with the note.

She used to or still does work at the gym I used to work out at (I switched to another YMCA in the city I am from, San Francisco California).

Yeah, she was so beautiful that I couldn't act normal and just try to have a normal conversation with her.

I've had girlfriends and been on dates and flirted with girls/women in person and online BUT I'm really not a guy who is into approaching random women in public.

Be happy and satisfied with how you look.

There's ALWAYS going to be a guy who'll find you beautiful. I hope that I've helped answer your question. ~Alan