Can you switch branches of the Military?

I have already signed my first initial contract to be an intelligence op but be reservist. I have not been to any trainings and I havent gone to basic training yet. Just signed contract after MEPS. I would Like to switch to the Navy and go full time. I discovered the Air force isnt what I wanted. especially not reserves. Could I back out and switch branches? My job requires a top secret clearance would they wipe my clearance or make me pay??

Update:

side note *** Im in the delayed entry program

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Cee
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You have no chance getting into any branch of the military.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ask your recruiter.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Reserves don't have DEP. You already have signed the final contract. If you don't want to serve in the AF Reserves just don't show up for ANY training. They will eventually discharge you. It might take a year or more.. Then you can see the Navy recruiter.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Truth ***... Reserves don't have DEP.

ETA: side note *** , Reserves don't have DEP.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

nope, your already in the reserves

they do not even start security clearance investigations until you are in basic

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

No. there is no DEP for the Reserves. You are in now, even if you havent been to a drill yet. You will drill until you can go to BMT and tech school.

• 6 months ago

Usually the answer is yes, but at this point they have to allow it. If they hold you to the contract then you are stuck.

• 6 months ago

You can back out of your enlistment right up until the time you sign the contract. You sign the contact when you go to MEPS right as you ship out.

No, you can't exactly switch. You can stop the enlistment process in the Air Force and then apply to join the Navy.

• ?
      Lv 6
      6 months agoReport

He's already enlisted in the AF Reserves. You areconfused with active duty DEP.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

No. You signed the papers. Deal with it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.