I'm trans and suicidal - but not because I'm trans or lgbt+ issues?

Transgender people, as the world is now, have a relatively high suicide rate. So when I attempted suicide back in January, I was crammed into those statistics.

When I was sat down with a therapist, we talked for a while, before she said : "If you don't mind me asking, could you tell me what compelled you to attempt?" I told her the truth - that I was just having a rough time with school, I wasn't happy, etc, etc. It was going well until she noticed none of my reasons had anything to do with being trans (gender dysphoria, discrimination, neglec, etc.).

So in conclusion, she believes that it has something to do with me being trans, after I have told her on many occasions that it has nothing to do with that. She constantly nags me about it, even though I'm telling her the truth. I've tried to confront her, tell my mother, even ask for a new therapist - but they all agree with her, so it's no use

If any of you have advice for me - please let me know!

So, if you think you know it better, why don't you talk to the mirror?

Get depression, worked out first.

Suck it up for now and when you turn 18 get yourself a different therapist. The more important point at this point is your parent is actually allowing you to see a therapist instead of beating or disowning you.

Our family doctor was a surgeon. He saw some form of surgery as the answer to all medical problems. I think the saying is, when you're a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Ironically, it might be better to see a therapist who specializes in transgender issues. They might be better able to separate trabsgenderism from your other problems.

It probably relates to the the fact that you are trans.

No need to be sad about that!

I am a nurse and honestly when a transgender person comes in I automatically assume they are some level of behavioral. They are so out of touch with reality. They are lost and confused souls, who lack understanding of their purpose. How can you ever live a life in denial of what God created you as? I can sit and Identify as a blue crayon all day and have the world conform to calling me a blue crayon.. but will that ever change the truth? Absolutely not.

Trans people fight a war with themselves. They Go against God and nature itself and say “I don’t care how you made me.. I will be what I want to be”.

In the end it will always be an internal struggle for them and a loosing battle.

I truly feel sorry for them.

• Savannah5 months agoReport

Lol do you want to know the hospital I work at too? Would that convince you LMFAO.

Oh, ok. I don't really pay much heed to statistics unless I have a good idea of how reliable they are, but thanks for letting me know. Cheer up. You can bring up your grades if you work harder.

You still haven't articulated what was causing you to feel suicidal.

• Alan

The only advice I can give is to spell out EXACTLY what it is that is causing you to feel suicidal if it has nothing to do with being trans or LGBT. Is it bullying? Is it having nobody to discuss your troubles with? Lack of friends? Financial worries? What exactly? Once you have identified the problem or problems, it will be much easier to tackle them and re-arrange your life.

LOVE comes only from and with GOD!

Those that are not with GOD, cannot feel LOVE! Atheists, including homosexuals, cannot feel anymore than each of their own LUST for only each of their own wants!

Do you want LOVE in your life? Or only to be as rebellious as you can?

• Savannah5 months agoReport

Uhmm excuse me a trans person who wonders why they’re feeling suicidal NEEDS to hear about the love of Jesus Christ, because they are FAR from him.