Jay asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

What meat do i need to buy to make my own burgers?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • chorle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

I think the best taste is 85% lean ground beef (hamburger) leaner than 80% tends to be better for soup and under 80% tends to turn small burgers with a lot of grease

• denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Ground beef chuck is the best, about 80% - 20% ratio [lean to fat], for flavor and taste.

• Kate
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Oh for goodness sake, instead of wasting time on here, look up recipes on Taste.com or other recipe sites.

• 6 months ago

Buy top round or London Broil steak, cut in large cubes and grind with the medium die. Make a white or brioche dough and form into hamburger buns. Bake until browned, cool slightly and cut in half horizontally. Form the beef into patties, season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Broil over wood or charcoal until an internal temperature of 131° is reached. Dress the buns with mayonnaise, sliced tomato, a slice of sweet onion and pickle slices. Add the cooked patty and a slice of cheese. Close the sandwich and serve.

BTW, you can buy pre-baked and sliced buns, and formed burger patties to save some time.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • J.S.
    Lv 4
    6 months ago

Ground beef or ground pork

• 6 months ago

You can make a decent burger with just normal minced meat as long as it is 15% fat. If you can get some ground chuck or even better some short rib then you can make a next level burger

• 6 months ago

Hamburger .

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

A beef burger? Ground beef with fat content no less than 15%.

You can make burgers with all kinds of things from ground chicken to ground turkey to ground lamb to a salmon patty or a plant-based patty like a Boca burger.

• 6 months ago

Most people use minced beef (beef burger) but you can use all different kinds

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Beef is usual but not mandatory. Lamb isn't bad but is used mostly for Greek and Middle Eastern dishes. You can also get ground pork, chicken, turkey . . . .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.