Is it just me, or is nearly every Hispanic American family naming their baby boys “Yadiel” or “Yasiel?”?

I live in an area with a high density of Hispanic families. Every time I go to my local Walmart and I see a little Hispanic boy misbehaving, the only names I ever hear the parents scream nowadays are “Yadiel!” or “Yasiel!” Why have these names suddenly become so popular?

not popular name at all. in CA and Arizona and new mexico has kids have names that start with a Y , i had heard that name before one of my friends grand son name is Yasieli its spanish name .

It's not common where I live

• Jill

I'm guessing it is just you.

Um its just you, I'm part Cuban and we don't have one Yadiel or Yasiel in my family.

I've never heard of anyone with those names (though I do know that they are Hebrew).