Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 5 months ago

I made my boyfriend cry (he who never cries) and I feel so bad and guilty?

He never cried before, he was always strong and the one who took care of me. Today I had a bad breakdown, things arent going well at all at school, I'm facing bullying and racism to the point of wanting to end my life. Instead of having suicide thoughts I decided to go back to my homeland, I habe an old aunt who lives there. She has no children and she agreed to take care of me and made me attend school there, hopefully a group of spoiled teenagers wont hate me all together. My parents are not haopy about this and dont want to leave me. Mom cried today and she told my boyfriend. He cant believe I will go to the other side of the world. He tried everything to convince me, and saw the signs of my self harm and started to cry, and ended up begging me and he hugged me in a weird way, with his head on my chest, hugging me tight, too strong like he didnt want me to go. I decided that either I will kill myself or I will live a normal life in my homeland with people who don't want to hurt me. I told him if you love me let me go... though I hate having to be far from him, I need to go back cause I cant find peace here. He cried on my chest like a baby and begged me not to. I feel so sorry for hurting him so much. But I cant do it other way

• Alan H

Sorry, but the problem is internal.

Life has to be faced.

Wherever you go , you take YOU with you!

Good luck with your decision.

• kim

I recall a similar teared up reaction from my then fiance when I turned down his proposal. It made me realize I d be missing out on a passionate man so I married him. 38yrs ago. What is displeasing to some maybe but it endeared him to me. I had only known middle of the road men with little regard or passion for me.

• Edna

You made ME cry, after I began reading your foolish complaints.. Has no one ever told you that you're nothing but a drama queen? Well - they should

Move back to your homeland if you want to; but that won't change anything.You'll still be as big a drama queen there, as you are here - unless you get over your "poor me" attitude.

Your bigger problem is your mom. What on earth possessed her to manipulate your boyfriend like this? Don't you think you should have been the one to tell him?

If you think you'll have a better life over there, you have no choice. You may think you love your boyfriend, but for all of us, the top loyalty is to ourselves. If you stay out of guilt, you'll end up resenting him for holding you back.

If the 2 of you are meant to be, you'll find a way to make it work. True love ALWAYS finds a way.

If I were you I wouldn't leave someone who loves me as much as your boyfriend loves you

• cat

You're going to learn the hard way that running away from your problems doesn't solve them. If you honestly think your suicidal thoughts will go away when you move to the other side of the world away from your loved ones to live with your aunt, then you are sadly mistaken. Running away from the ones you love is a selfish and coward thing to do. Use your support system to face your challenges and overcome them.

That's cool I'm just typing 15 characters

drama queen.

People that actually plan to kill themselves, never tell people what they plan to do.

I also call BS on bullying and racism. Always the victim.