Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 5 months ago

Is Facebook tracking everything we type?

I read Facebook was tracking some users (2013) and everything typed and deleted before submitting, but didn't keep the content of the post, just metadata.

I've tried to test it for myself using Chrome DevTools and it doesn't look like the text I'm typing and deleting is being sent to their servers.

I don't see any network requests going through and I did a performance analysis and still, no network requests.

However, this video (uploaded in 2015) shows differently. https://vimeo.com/124922671

So, at this current time, is Facebook only logging what we submit? Or are they tracking what we type and delete too?

• Sherri

The whole government taps everything you do on the internet. Ever looked something up on a website, be it shows, bags, headphones, whatever it is, you switch to Facebook and a bunch of ads of what you already searched for comes up. It’s a marketing strategy that invades privacy

It’s entirely possible

I know quite a lot of those live tech support chats do it, the person on the other end can see what you’re typing before you send it

I honestly think they do, because sometimes they recommend stuff that I was talking about