Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 5 months ago

Vibration in my car?

Owner of a Camry and have noticed vibration at my steering wheel while driving. At lower speeds the wheel rocks. I can feel the vibration in the wheel and in the car. Does is sound like I need tires balanced? Rotated? Or alignment? Or all three?

Definitely, take it to s mechanic. It could be as simple as a wheel bearing. You need to find out.

• don r

If this happens while you brake, the cause is a warped brake rotor. Replace it. If it's a shimmy that increases in frequency with speed, a frozen CVjoint can cause that. At 50 mph you can't see a clear image in the rear view mirror, but at 80 the vibration is less- bad cv joint.

bad balancing only makes vibration ataround 60MPH or so give or take 3-4 mph depending on car and wheel or tire size, i did have a split in my tire once that did the same exact thing you describe tho...most tire shops will check wheels and tires and other components for free i recomend trying that.

most likely wheel balancing

If it's a left to right wobble the inner slide joints on the front axles may be binding.

A bad belt in a tire will also cause that.

If you haven't rotated and balanced the tires in the last 20,000 miles I'd get them balanced.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • JetDoc

Could be all three. Also, have your CV joints inspected.

• Lv 4

good suggestion; also, maybe pwr steering / defective tire / bent wheel / loose wheel fasteners, or all seven +

you warped the front brake rotors , used tires have the plys separating , the wheel is bent , the balance weight fell off a tire , the tie rod is shot , steering box worn out , bad shocks .

• F

Warped brake rotors will only vibrate under braking.

• L.N.

Check for knot or flat spot on a tire or a bent rim.

• ron h

the wheel rocks? Jack it up and see if the lug nuts are tight.

• Lv 4

good suggestion; if thats whats so, very carefully check to see if fresh marks in dust on fasteners from contact with a fastening tool, & if devoid of dust compare with other wheel's fasteners for lack of any dust to see if deliberate; check for fastener integrity and check for wheel integrity

The car is horny