What stylist (needle) should I buy for my record player?


My record player is a ion superior lp bluetooth music centre - black ash

Update 2:

Also meant to say stylus

6 Answers

  • 2 years ago

    The model recommended for the cartridge installed.

  • 2 years ago

    The word is "stylus", not stylist. All of your answers are in the manual that you threw away when you unpacked this abomination.

  • 2 years ago

    There are thousands of different styli.

    Before a recommendation can be made,

    you need to provide some precise information:

    Brand and model of the player.

    Brand and model of the current cartridge.

    If at all possible, state the original stylus number.

  • 2 years ago

    Stylus. you aren't giving it a hairdo (not a stylist). You should buy one that fits the turntable (model appropriate) and is the best quality you need for your purpose, for the cost you can afford. If you want decent advice, you have to tell us what is the specific "player" you are using. A lot of units have a standard cartridge connection so you can use many different makes of cartridges (kind of like getting basic parts like air filters for a lawnmower or something like that; you do not have to buy the manufacturer unit but you do have to buy something that is basically the same size and shape etc.). No point in spending a lot of money for a cheap player, and a huge mistake to get a cheap stylus or cartridge for a quality sound unit.

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 years ago

    It's a stylus not "stylist".

  • Bill
    Lv 7
    2 years ago

    One that fits it.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.