Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetComputer Networking · 1 year ago

192.168.0.1 and 192.168.1.1 dont work on android?

Hi im trying to connect to my wifi router log in page using phone, both sites dont work, what do I do? I also used an app to check the gateway, which is 10.17.16.1 but it wont work either

It keeps showing the page cannot be loaded

My pc is broken so I cant access with pc

• 1 year ago

Do you understand LAN network subnets?

What is the IP address of your phone? Simplistically, If your phone does not have an IP address in the 192.168.0.x network, then it is not going to be able to connect to a 192.168.0.x address.

• BigE
    1 year ago

The app MIGHT be using Cell data only. Your default gateway MUST be the admin page, unless your have multiple routers and networks.

Try http://10.17.16.1 and https://10.17.16.1

• 1 year ago

Which brand of router is it that you're attempting to connect to, my friend?

Not all routers use 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 to load their homepage.

You could also try 192.168.2.1 (almost all Belkin models and some models made by Edimax, Siemens, and SMC) or 192.168.1.100

• 1 year ago

Possibly your router is set to disable administration through wi-fi. That's a security measure to discourage someone from walking up outside your house, and hacking into your router. If you have a laptop with an actual ethernet port, try connecting that to the router with a cable (if your PC is connected via cable, use that). Or see if you can try with a friend's laptop.

• 1 year ago

You may need to switch off mobile data, to ensure you are connected to your own router directly by WiFi.

It should then work, using the appropriate IP address.

If not, do you have some sort of VPN or proxy enabled on the phone? Anything like that must be disabled.