Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsFish · 5 months ago

How many black moor goldfish could go in a 30 gallon tank?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

ONE. A goldfish should have 25-30 gallons for one fish. Any additional fish add 15 gallons per fish.

• 5 months ago

I thinks 2 but I’m not sure

• 5 months ago

It wont be large enough long term. You should keep at least 2 but since these are one of the largest species of fancy goldfish, a 48 inch long aquarium will be needed for more then one adult sized black moor.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Depends on the size, 1/4" I would say 8 max, 1/2" 5 fish, 1" 4 fish and up to 3" 2 fish.

Goldfish eat a lot and the water seems to get filthy fast compaired to tropical. They love to rearrange the bottom rock and rip ups pants, uproot them, and they tend to eat them. They're also notorious for knocking over decorations or picking up the bottom gravel and spitting it into the decorations to bury them if you like bubblers or some kind of air decoration Iike the diver etc.

If you get too many fish in the tank they stress and come down with many illnesses, you can put in helper fish to clean the bottom The catfish or algae eaters would work with goldfish, they help clean up the foods the fish miss or can't fit in areas to eat.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

If you want them to look their best, a bigger tank

But for a few years, 2

• 5 months ago

Depends on the time you have to care for these type fish for best results maybe 5 max then go from there however these fish like to eat all the time are slow swimmers and do make quite a bit of poo and they have poor eye sight as well. So a bigger tank is best the deeper the water is great and you have to maintain water changes on a seclude.

• 5 months ago

2 would be ideal. You could do 3 if you keep the water in pristine condition. Goldfish are filthy, and produce a lot of waste. i.e ammonia

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.