Should I be mad about people at work who want to wear black on pride day?

They put up a thing at work that says next Friday (I know pride day is Sunday but the factory is closed on weekends.) we are supposed to wear colored T-Shirts to show our support. A couple of guys were saying that they were going to wear black. Two gay guys who work there got mad and scolded them, but I was like... show more They put up a thing at work that says next Friday (I know pride day is Sunday but the factory is closed on weekends.) we are supposed to wear colored T-Shirts to show our support. A couple of guys were saying that they were going to wear black. Two gay guys who work there got mad and scolded them, but I was like meh.
I mean, I don't think they are really being anti-gay by not participating. If they had a straight pride day and everyone was supposed to wear red shirts to show their support, how many gay people would wear them? I wouldn't. But not because I don't think straight people don't deserve support and pride.
Am I thinking wrong? Should I have gotten mad at the two guys who said they would wear black? Are they being anti-gay or just don't want to participate?
Update: To be fair, the whole thing is a bit of a joke. The sign says that you are showing support for pride day if you wear any color of the rainbow, which means pretty much any shirt anyone wears, unless it's black or white, is participating. If someone doesn't want to participate, they have to wear black or... show more To be fair, the whole thing is a bit of a joke. The sign says that you are showing support for pride day if you wear any color of the rainbow, which means pretty much any shirt anyone wears, unless it's black or white, is participating. If someone doesn't want to participate, they have to wear black or white. But it got me thinking about why someone should be pressured to participate, even by social pressure.
And nobody at work even knows anything about me. I never talk to anyone, ever.