Should I continue piano lessons?

I have been going for about three months, but I haven t progressed as fast as other players do. When I first started I already knew how to read sheet music, dynamics, time signatures and all that other stuff (from playing the violin at school) but didn t know anything about the piano itself. Other piano players... show more I have been going for about three months, but I haven t progressed as fast as other players do.

When I first started I already knew how to read sheet music, dynamics, time signatures and all that other stuff (from playing the violin at school) but didn t know anything about the piano itself.

Other piano players have started playing songs like Fur Elise by week one but I am stuck playing the easy version of Aloha Oe.

Its not that I have a hard time learning, I learn pieces very fast and don t know what to practice because I have already mastered the songs and scales two days after our session.

Should I ask my teacher to speed up things or what? Piano lessons are very expensive for me.
7 answers 7