Can you drive a car without a water pump and head gasket?

47 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

sure. just go out start it and drive it away.. Remember to go fast real fast more faster the better..

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

My Scalextric cars have been running for decades with out ether!

• bubba
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

if its a VW beetle you can , depending on how you define head gasket

• Dan
      Lv 4
      5 months agoReport

Bubba is correct. Early air cooled bug motors had absolutely no "gasket", they were strictly cast iron cylinders mated to aluminum heads. No seal of any kind!
      And obviously no water pump. Great cheeky answer!

• 5 months ago

Only if you want to destroy it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

with bad water pump and bad head gasket, you're likely to do very expensive damage to the car.

• 5 months ago

You're either a troll or not very smart jojo.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

Without a water pump? No way, the engine will overheat immediately.

I've driven with a busted head gasket. It runs pretty rough and you'll have thick clouds of white smoke coming out of the exhaust, but it will "drive". For how long, I don't know. I only did it for a couple of days until I got another car.

• 5 months ago

If your car is apart, it seems like a lot of work to put it together without the head gasket. And if the engine is not apart, I do not know what happened to the head gasket.

Anyway, you can probably get the car to start. put it in gear , but you will not be going far at all.

• JetDoc
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

NOT without a head gasket. The engine won't run.

• 5 months ago

No. You might be able to move it a few hundred feet before the motor seizes. That's not driving.

• Lv 5
      5 months agoReport

BS Andre. I have overhead a couple Chevy iron heads; a 216 probably Before you were Born and a 305. NO danger of warping heads. My Toy; I was warned to look for oil in water/water in oil. So far so good.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.