How do I stop myself from over ordering?

Whenever I get a takeaway I think I can eat everything. Just now I was so hungry I ordered a beef burrito, toasted tuna ciabbata, nachos and chilli fries. So stupid it all sounds so good but after a few bites I've realised I can't eat it.

• 1 year ago

don’t bring as much money with you, that way you can’t even get the food if you do order too much

• Good
    1 year ago

Send someone else to the takeaway window in your place. Tell them a sandwich, a fry, a drink. Nothing else.

.

• denise
    1 year ago

Save some for lunch / dinner tomorrow.

• 1 year ago

I know that feeling.

Go with less money. That way you can afford less. That is if using cash.

• 1 year ago

Stick to one or two things and save the second thing for later make it a strict rule no exceptions and remind yourself why you wanna limit your calorie intake you can still have what you want without going overboard. Hope this helps and good luck.

• I do this sometimes as well. In the South we say Don't let your eyes get too big for your belly.

don't wait until you are ridiculously hungry to order and when you do order set a budget for

how much to spend. That will stop you from ordering everything on the menu.

Source(s): I love food
  • 1 year ago

You are ordering when you are hungry a lot..try to order food befor you feel hungry....set time for eat... for example that you eat lunch every day at 12 ..then order at 11 when you are not hugry and ask if that order can be ready at 12 ..dont make orders when you are extreamly hungry

It is like going to store when you are hungry then you buy so much food that normaly you would not buy

• 1 year ago

Maybe next time mainly get things that reheat well, that way you don't have to agonize over not ordering your faves!

Or maybe snack a little before you decide what to order, that way it's Rational You doing the thinking, not Hungry You.

But we've all been there lol

• Ever heard of take out or a doggie bag?

1 year ago

don't over order foods next time... simple right...