... asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Why can't we give drunk drivers who cause fatalities the death penalty?

I'm talking if there's cold hard evidence they caused it. If they kill someone as a result of buzz driving why can't we have these people lose their life so they never do it again?

So you kill somebody for killing somebody else.

How exactly are you different again?

My father was killed by a drunk driver who had two prior arrests for drunk driving.

Why can't "we" give drunk driver the death penalty? Because "we" aren't Judges.

Why don't we do away with the death penalty because it solves nothing and costs about ten time what it costs to imprison a person for life.

What would be the public good to do that? I see no benefit.

Because even though it was stupid and terrible, that person didnt mean any harm and probably feels terrible. It's insane to call for a death penalty for every death caused by another person in an accidental fashion.

Because the death penalty is wrong.