Why do so many people seem to dislike the Dark Knight Rises?

• KTJoe

People are oh-so-tired of Batman movies enough already...

• Chaphaz Yahshua

People are tired of poorly written ones. You don't understand comic book readers if you think people are tired of ongoing story lines.

• Ben

Because they don't think it's as good as other Batman movies.

It's just terrible, like "the Dark Knight:!

• Mike W

The Dark Knight was a tough act to follow. Many people felt that it was a bit of a let down. The villain wasn't as engaging as the Joker.

If you watch it back through again, you'll realize just how ridiculous the whole plot of all those batman movies is, Lmao

Doesn't mean the movie is bad, but it's kinda funny.

I don't think people dislike it, just they don't like it as much as the Dark Knight which was really by far the best one, and the third movie surely would have included the Joker again but Heath Ledger's death forced the producers to change plans, as his performance was really outstanding and you couldn't really replace him.

Not me, it's on my favorite's list. Not a lot of directors can make a good Batman film.

I think the writer and tone changed halfway through, and the ending was a lot less like the vibe the rest of the series had been. It ended too neatly and felt kind of contrived.