Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 5 months ago

My boyfriend dumped me because he's stressed and going through a lot?

Do you think he's lying and he's just saying that so he won't hurt my feelings?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I don’t think you’ll ever really know the real reason but I think it’s best to just let go and focus on yourself.

• Juana
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Probably likely not wanting to hurt your feelings. Don't get hung up on this. He clearly has no interest in being genuine, faker.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Does it matter?

If he has dumped you, the past is the past, and your present is about healing and moving on.

You cannot let go as long as you are trying to understand the past.

Think of the process as being like getting over a cigarette addiction. Your brain wants what it is USED TO. And has little temper tantrums - withdrawal symptoms - to try to make you light up another cigarette ... OR to push you to try to get him back.

This is what "missing someone" is all about .. merely the brain resisting the need to let go and change and move on.

And you no more get over him by dwelling on thoughts about him, than a smoker gets over smoking by lighting up another cigarette.

It will take you 4-8 months to completely get over him, but only if you let go of this need to dwell on him (disguised as a need for closure, a need for understanding why he dumped you). And only if you avoid him, block him on social media.

No, you cannot stop thoughts of him from popping into your mind. But you CAN stop yourself from dwelling on thinking about him when these thoughts DO pop up. And every time you turn your mind AWAY from thinking about him, you are one step closer to a new habit of NOT thinking about him .. or getting over the hurt.

Even just writing out this question took a LOT of dwelling on him .. delaying your recovery.

• 5 months ago

If that's true, he's doing you a favor. It's better to know early that he can't handle stress and will push you away at the first sign of it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Zol
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

How sad.

He may feel he's too much of a burden at the moment, and may think he can spare you the grief he's going through if you weren't together. He may feel you deserve better than he can give at the moment.

Stress does horrible things to people. The balance of his mind may be disturbed.

Have you told him you're there for him & will help him as & when he needs it? If you don't want to split with him, & can see him through these difficulties that would mean a lot to him, even if he can't express that until his problems are resolved.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

its possible, rnaybe you should ask hirn this question

• Tim
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

I have no idea?

I'm not him.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.