What is the best overall Virus and Anti Spyware software?

• AAAJ
    3 days ago

Kaspersky is the best

Bitdefender free or paid.

• Enigma

Bitdefender is for me.

Norton and Macfee is the best software, go for it.

• Olive

Malware Bytes is the best one i believe. Cause it does a very deep scan through pc or phone and finds the most hardest viruses, spyware, adware etc then alot of the other programs out there

• Southpaw

Only the paid for version, the free version is just an on-demand scanner which you have to update manually before using it.

common sense, and a VM when in doubt. Viruses are notoriously hard to get these days, you still can if you randomly download things without thinking. (Especially downloading cracks or file downloaders or random popups asking for you to update java or something)

But if you trust Microsoft's built in crap to protect you, you've clearly never VM'd a virus and examined how it worked. Many viruses target built in services; if a virus for windows DIDN'T shut down bit defender then it wouldn't be a very good virus would it?

• Bill-M

I gave the thumbs down. Windows Defender is a very good anti virus and I have NEVER had a virus on Windows 10

• Bill-M

For Windows 10 = It's own built in Anti Virus program = Windows Security (Defender)

Anti Spyware = Malwarebytes.

For Windows 7 = Avast and Malwarebytes.

For Apple and Android = Bit Defender

Why the Thumbs down? My answer is based on 30+ years of dealing with Windows.