Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 5 months ago

Whatever happened to Echo and the Bunnymen?

• Echo & The Bunnymen? There s a name from the past. A combo who were always shrouded in dry ice if I remember, perhaps to distract attention from Mr Echo s inability to comb his hair like a normal functioning adult. Their mumbled 6th form poetry had it s moment in the spotlight of course with such hits as The Cutler and The Killer Moon. I think they even managed a hit in the 90s with Nothing Lasts Forever which was true ...at least as far as their brush with fame was concerned.

I assumed they then returned to Liverpool to get proper grown up jobs. Imagine my surprise to find a few years ago that they were still going albeit with a new singer as Catfish & The Bunnymen. I expect it was also a surprise when they were performing at a festival and a gust of wind blew the dry ice away and revealed to the assembled crowd of "indie kids" and "Brit poppers" that the youthful Mr Catfish was in fact surrounded by a bunch of ageing scousers. I expect in the end they have only temporarily staved off a life of sweeping roads and emptying bins.

• Was it really? How extraordinary. I was fairly certain that Echo was sing "The killer moon" but then it was a long time ago, and he did tend to mumble. I remember one of their other hits, The Bag Of Love, but as I say it was a long time ago.

Were they Satanic?

• Elmer Fudd caught up to the Bunnymen and had rabbit stew.

• .....nothing lasts forever......

• Maggie

They're still going as a two piece.. Ian McCulloch and Will Sergeant. One of the best bands to come out of Liverpool.

• mars

Their drummer Pete de Freitas died in a motorcycle accident. Echo and the Bunnymen reformed in '97, and are still touring. Their last album was in 2018.

Him and Teresa May are the same person

• Murzy

They were a one hit wonder.

If they had any sense they Invested their earnings into property and became part of the rentier class.