Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 6 months ago

How do you get a hard old cat poop out of a vacuum hose?

I was vacuuming my grandmas house and I was using the hose under the couch, guess there’s was a lot of old rock hard cat poop under neith and now it’s stuck in the hard plastic part of the house I’ve tired everything and can’t get it out.

I have an old wire coat hanger, the kind dry cleaners hang drapes on. I straightened it out. make sure you take some pliers and turn the very ends into a circle, because you CAN poke a hole in the hose. I keep this around to unclog the vacuum hose. It's flexible enough to go around the corners of the hard part of the hose, and firm enough to poke things loose.

Putting it in the tub with water will eventually soften up whatever's inside.

detachable hose?

if so put it in the bathtub & spray one end till poop flies out

keep hosing w some soap till the inside is clean

• John

Sometimes poking a broom handle down it will work - the small kind, not a huge broom. Sometimes you can kind of crush it up with your hands from the outside and the clump will break into pieces. I guess you could also pound on it with something but of course you don't want to break the hose.

• violette6 months agoReport

I tried to do that with all kinds of objects and still can’t get it out