Why do I always do badly in tests even though I’m smart?

some people out there are automatons,,, who slipshod the subject,goof off,and ace finals.my history final was a series of oral questions based on my having read the chptrs int he assigned book better than anyone in the class,,teach in this case was flexible in recognizing I was a poor written sentence composer, got As in english history,spanish & french.

younger sister was one of those automatons

Is that what your parents tell you

• Katie

Smart People do well in ALL tests AND class.

Perhaps you didn't study much or you just aren't good at taking tests.

Source(s): My brain

Some people don't do good on test. For example, taking the SAT for some people is extremely challenging. Some people loses their focus easily, others can concentrate for long periods of time.

• Lôn

Not as smart as you thought then, are you?

Probably because you're not studying enough. I think I'm a pretty smart person myself, but when I don't study correctly for a test, I end up getting a pretty low score.

You may just not take tests well. Some people don't

Or perhaps you're not as smart as you believe.