Anonymous

I'm confused about my race?

My great granddad on my dad's side was Japanese. The other side of my family consists out of English and Dutch. I'm white, but everyone I've ever met have told me that I have some prominent Asian features. Some have gone as far as to tell me I'm not allowed to consider myself white while others say it's shameful to consider myself Asian. What am I really? As far as I'm concerned, I'm white.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Alex
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You're white with a Japanese great grandparent. That makes you around 12.5% Japanese. That's not really significant.

Regardless of what anyone (including me) says, you should identify however you feel comfortable.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

All humans alive are the same race. the congoid/caucasoid/mongoloid hypothesis was proven wrong in the 1950's.

You have 46 chromosomes, 23 from either parent. There is no such thing as "12.5 %"

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

You is mostly white Eurasian. Race is based on overall appearance. It isn’t always based on what race you is mostly mixed

with or chose to identify as. Most people would probably consider you somewhat irrational or dishonest identifying as solely

white because you look somely mixed with Asian subdivision of Mongoloid to them, not nearly white or conventional white.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Just hide your heritage

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

You're white bread.

• ebe b
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

white, don't worry what people say

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.