Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 5 months ago

I ve applied for the Discover It Student credit card various times across the last 2 years.?

It always gets denied, saying the app is incomplete. What should I do? What does this mean?

You should stop applying. Anyone who applies "various times" in only 2 years is likely to be denied, because they have applied too many times.

What it means is that when you applied, you left blank something that you should have filled. However, doing it now won't necessarily help, because you've already applied so much.

The first and most important step is to build a longer record of not applying, not even once, for over a year. After you have done that, then apply only one time, being very, very careful to fill in every blank space, and leave nothing blank, and then stop applying, immediately, without applying even one more time until after waiting over a year.

• Agustín5 months agoReport

Thanks! I reached out to discover, and it turns out my mailing address was too long and for some reason the system was letting me submit the application but they weren't processing it. So all of the times I had apply they had not made an inquiry on my credit.

Anyways I finally got approved!

You keep applying and have no income....

You may be negatively impacting your credit each time you apply...just saying.

Next time make sure you fill out the application correctly.

• Never

Apply for a secured card or go without.

• Brian

You may have to call Discover directly.

What don't you understand about "incomplete?"

• John5 months agoReport

No, you are the only person in the history of the universe ever to fill out an application incorrectly. What did they tell you when you ASKED them about it, exactly?

• Eva

You aren't filling in some information that it wants. If you are entering your income as zero, that's probably the problem.

• John5 months agoReport

And what happened when you ASKED them what the issue was?

It will keep getting denied.