Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 5 months ago

What can I use for heat damaged hair?

I'm not going to cut it

Deep conditioners or hair masks, keratin treatment. You may want to consider at least cutting your dead ends.

• Rhona

Deep conditioner or hair masks and do not use any heated appliances

If you want volume of curls you should roller set your hair and let it air dry

Use a high-quality Deep Conditioner with good ingredients that will nourish your hair and provide moisture and soothe breakage and frizz. Moroccan oil is a good brand.

Use shampoo and conditioner that provide moisture and deep condition your hair once a week and if you need to cut it or not depends on how damaged it is if you don't wanna big chop it you need to transition. You have to moisturize it everyday and only wash it when it needs to be washed. Braid your hair everyday use leave in conditioner and gel and then let it down and wear it wavy that way it doesn't look as damaged until your curls come back.(Also to get rid of any crunchiness if u used too much gel use serum whatever kind you want use a little bit rub it between your hands and smooth it over your hair using the praying hands method and scrunch it back up a little to enhance the waves more) Trim it only when it needs it. If you're trying to get rid of the damaged hair cut an inch to an inch and a half month to get slowly get rid of the damaged hair. But if not just cut it when you're ready but when you have dead ends you do have to cut those off they can really ruin your hair by stopping and breaking off or the split ends will ride up and you'll have to cut your hair alot shorter eventually. No sense in prolonging the inevitable everyone growing their hair out damaged or not needs a trim every now and then. Yours may be need it a little more often because it's weak from the damage. Hope this helps and be patient hang in there it took a little over a year to transition and i never use heat on my hair anymore and when my hair is brushed out its a little passed my waist and i hardly ever need to trim it. It shrinks up to a little passed my chest bc i have 3A curls with some waves around the top of my head. But it wasn't always this long and healthy it takes time and consistency and lots of heat free days and months so just patient.

Source(s): It takes time but its always worth it

Deep conditioner or hair masks

And roller set your hair when wet and let your hair air dry as you should avoid using any heated appliances on your hair until it’s condition improves

If your hair is totally damaged and can t be helped, you have to cut it.

But if not, you can use hair conditioners or hair masks to help repair your hair to its healthy state.

You can use hair care products from Dead Sea Minerals Cosmetics, such as:

Canaan Organics

Baldwin Men Care

MoroccanOil (Argan Oil infused)

Mogador Argan Oil

coconut oil, its the answer to everything

• kelvin

stop using heat on it

If it's very damaged, it needs a trim.

But to soften my otherwise coarse (ish) hair. I, after showering with shampoo and conditioner, lather on some argan oil-based product when I'm out and tie up my hair and leave it as is for the night. Usually a tight-ish bun with the excess wrapped around it, so it dries slowly.

Next day/+6 hours later, you end up with (seriously) curly hair, which isn't always what you want but it is also incredibly soft. And if it's a decent product you won't have greasy hair or anything.

So at that point, you can gently brush out the curls or embrace them and do with them what you will, either way your hair is nice and soft for the day.

You Need To Cut Hair If Its Damage