Anonymous

How long does it take to get a call for an interview?

I applied for a job at a hospital as a payroll assistant. They wanted 2 years of experience and only required a high school diploma. I have 2 years of customer service experience and I'm a semester away from an associate's degree in accounting and have many of the skills relevant to the posting so I thought I would have a chance. They said it takes them 6-8 weeks on average to respond to applicants and it's been 9 weeks since I applied. They also said they email all applicants once the position is filled and I've received no email and the job posting is still up. They do not allow applicants to contact them. Do you think I might have a chance or should I just give up? I really wanted this job.

• cat

2 years experience in customer service has absolutely nothing to do with payroll.

I sure hope you've been applying to other positions while you've been waiting for this job for 9 weeks otherwise you've just wasted a whole lot of time.

Source(s): I work in HR.
    • Leah5 months agoReport

I knew customer service wasn't related to payroll but they stated in their posting customer service was very important so I thought with that experience and my education I stood a chance and I've applied to other jobs but no one wants me so thanks...

• Jay

If you have bee sitting around waiting for this job to call you and you have not been applying to other jobs in the meantime then that is very sad.

Go out and apply to other jobs...you are probably not going to get this one.

• Leah5 months agoReport

Well no I haven't sat around waiting I've applied to other jobs but haven't gotten hired at those either so that's just made the situation more depressing for me

Maybe, but they are looking for 2 years experience in payroll.. so if they find someone who has that they will probably hire them. Customer service isn't experience in payroll. Good luck!

• Judy

You almost surely would have been called by now if you were going to be.

I've been in those situations before, they will stress you out. WHat I now do is to keep applying for other jobs as if they said no. Then if they call in the future you could quit your job and go with them (I did just that before) ....but no need to stress yourself out waiting on a response from them

• pmt853

Yes, you may well have a chance. Such things often take a long time to sort out especially for large organisations like hospitals. You may, of course, have to compete at interview with others with significant experience and good qualifications.

aaaaedfgvsdaghdfhnjsrt tzed