Wifi in bedroom. In living room is a Sony smart blu ray. Bandwidth isn't good enough. Best boosting method please.?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • GTB
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Add a second wireless access point in or near the Sony wired back to the wired port of the router

• 6 months ago

If the Sony has an Ethernet port, the best method is to use an Ethernet cable from the router to the Blu-ray player.

Otherwise look for a Powerline network system that offers good WiFi speeds and set up a separate WiFi network near the player.

Avoid WiFi Range Extenders as these will reduce your speed by around 50% for devices connecting through them.

• Lv 7
    6 months ago

wireless extender.

• P
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you don't have a wifi router rated AC1900 or greater (You probably do not) you need to upgrade before you consider anything else. If you have a large house you will need to invest in a mesh wifi system like the Netgear Orbi. The weaker routers are never going to work that great even with a booster. There's just too much interference from other sources these days and these old\cheap routers can't handle it.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Easier is a range extender. I use this for a similar situation. We did not need mesh (which is better) and running cable was not a good option. Check out a few in Amazon. I have a Netgear - 2.4 and 5, plus each had a separate guest network we use for visitors and clients. Easy to set up, and thete are even easy apps to help you find the best place to plug it in. I use an AR signal app - you might just do trial and error. We stream all kinds of video to the LR flatscreen, and signal speed and strength are great.

• 6 months ago

Cable connection from your router to a wireless access point (or another router) in the bedroom

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.