i am a green card holder. I want to marry my fiancee which is in the philippines. How was the right process for that?

• Lisa A

Fly to Philippines. Get married. Fly back to the US. Apply for a spouse visa for your new spouse. Use form I-130.

You fly to the Philippines and marry her, or, in case she has a visitor's visa (B2) to the United States, she visits you there and you get married while she visits.

Source(s): An immigrant from Europe, I live on the American Riviera and work as an attorney in Santa Barbara, California.

Only citizens can apply for fiancé visa. You can wait until you complete requirements and naturalize, then apply for fiancé visa. Or go to Philippines, marry her, and leave her in Phil. while you return to US and apply for her spouse visa.

Note marriage fraud rates from Philippines are the world's highest, and processing times can be quite long. You & your fiancé should expect it could take about 2 years before she might get a visa to enter the US, if she is approved. Meanwhile, you can visit her, but she must remain in Philippines. Make absolutely sure you do not start a family or you increase support requirements dramatically, and slow down processing.