Can i drink wine that expired 9 months ago??

I forgot that i had a box of white zinfandel ,Franzia wine.

I opened around a year ago. So i dont know if still drinkable or if i would get sick.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

You will not get sick but the wine could taste foul!

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Bud Monsieur, the finest franch wines are aged for years. Wine does not go bad.

• ?*?*?*?
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Wrong box wines can and do go off!
      And some inferior bottled wines do as well!
      You clearly do not have a clue about wine.
      To keep a good wine drinkable takes dedication and making sure the bottles are tilted cork down and turned regally a fraction at a time.

• 5 months ago

Yes. Yes, you can.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Wine doesn't “expire” - what are you thinking of?

It's not going to be at its best if it's been open for a year. Whether it's drinkable depends on you and your standards. The ONLY way to tell is to taste it.

Why would old wine make you sick? Where has it been?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Wine lasts years. Good wine wont go off for decades, but mature in the casket and taste increasingly fabulous. You wont get sick from wine opened a year ago. Poorly made wine might turn to vinegar, but that wont make you sick; it just wont taste nice. Taste the wine you have and see if you like it. You'll be fine.

• Dimo
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

1. There is no expiration crap with wine.

2. With wine in a plastic bag, air doesn't touch the wine and is never goes bad.

3. *IF* the wine was "bad" is would taste bad -- it will NOT make you sick.

• 5 months ago

White wine needs to be drunk as soon as its opened. After an hour, it tastes revolting. Wine from a wine box keeps longer than wine from a bottle because less air can get to it, but it's past its best after a day. Throw it away.

• David
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Yes, if you want to make yourself ill.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Yes it will be fine to drink

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Sure you can drink it. A question would be, should you?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.