What does Pre Interview mean? (easy understanding Please)?

I got a pre interview coming up, I know

interview is big but what does pre interview mean? Is it that i got the job or not?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Erik
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It's meaningless. It's like when you're "pre-approved" for a credit card. If some guy says "Congratulations! You're pre-hired!", don't get too excited.

• 5 months ago

A pre interview is basically a screening to see if they want to give you a real interview. It does not mean you got the job. It’s actually one step back compared to an interview.

• 5 months ago

A pre-interview is just to see if they might want to offer you a real interview.. They look at how you look, how you speak, how you dress etc. You will never be offered a job at the Pre-Interview.

• 5 months ago

No it does not mean that at all. They are screening you first to see if it is a waste of time or not to set up an interview with the hiring manager.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

It essentially means like a screening before the actual interview to see if you are actually interview worthy.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Probably just a short talk to see if you have most of the basic requirements, often done by phone, to see if they want an interview, No does not mean you got the job. You MIGHT get an interview,

• 5 months ago

Usually they just go over your resume and basic info about the job, to screen who they want to interview. Treat this with as much importance as you would an interview, as first impressions are what will get you to the next stage.

• 5 months ago

Pre means before. Basically, they are winnowing down the candidates so that the actual interviews are a more manageable number (they may have say 50 candidates and only want to interview, formally, 10...a pre-interview is a way to get rid of 40 candidates). This is a chance to stand out so hat you get an actual interview and have a chance for the job.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.