Millipede insect thing in my punnet of strawberries! Will I get sick?

I was just eating away at my strawberries from Tesco and after i had finished eating most of them, i look in the punnet to see a millipede-looking insect crawling around in there, so obviously has been crawling around the strawberries. I didn’t see any chunks missing from the strawberries however i’m worried i’m going to get sick from this? I didn’t wash them, i know that’s gross but i have definitely learned my lesson now. So will i get sick or anything from this millipede-looking insect in my strawberries that i’ve just ate?

Attachment image

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

I'm sure you will be okay but you are supposed to wash produce before eating it. I would be more concerned about manure and pesticide residue.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

nope you won't.

• denise
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Its a centipede, I think you'll be alright.

• Greg
    Lv 5
    5 months ago

That looks more like a centipede. No, you won't get sick.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You're fine. Don't worry.

• Eva
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Not from the insect, but you could get sick from pesticide residue. Never eat any fruits or vegetables without washing them first.

• 5 months ago

No there is probably as much goodness in the leather jacket. You will be fine.

• 5 months ago

That's hot. That's a euphemism for dick in the vag, right?

• 5 months ago

Unlikely. Even if you'd eaten one of them by accident, you'd probably be okay. There's nothing inherently sickening about most insects.

According to reputable sources, Americans unknowingly consume one to two pounds of insects and insect parts each year. Fresh fruit is the primary culprit. We also consume an average of 100mg of dirt each day for a total of about six pounds in our lifetimes.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.