is a hand luggage a cabin suitcase?

I'm going on holiday and it says Hand luggage only, so i called the travel agents and they said its a small suitcase that can weigh up to 10KG. Am i able to take a backpack as well as that would be between my legs and not above me. This is my first holiday without my family.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

Yes it can also be a backpack of duffle bag as long as it meets the size requirements for carry on

• AJ
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Hand luggage = Carry on bag. Every airline has their own size limits for carry on luggage.

As to your question of whether you can take a backpack in addition to a carry on, typically then the backpack would be classified as a personal item. Some airlines allow a personal item and some don't. Some airlines it also depends on the type of fare that was purchased. If it is allowed, typically a personal item must go under the seat in front of you. You will not be allowed to hold it between your legs.

• 5 months ago

You need to check with the airline you are traveling with. Some will only allow one bag, others will allow you a bag and a personal item. Just google "hand luggage" and the name of the airline and you should get your answer..

• drip
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

You need to speak direct to your airline.

You can not have a backpack between your legs. It needs to fit under the seat in front of you.

A backpack can be the size of a large purse or the size of a small suitcase. If you have a small backpack with your iPad, wallet and medication and few other things , you should be fine. But if your backpack is large and packed full, it won’t fit under the seat. you will be required to have one of your bags check in, which can cost you a fee.

Carry on luggage usually has a weight and size limit. Make sure you know the measurement requirements for your bags.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Speed
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Each airline determines the size and sometimes the weight of carry-on luggage. They also determine what other item you can carry on board in addition to the luggage you will store in an overhead bin. Often it's a purse, zipped tote bag, or backpack--but it must fit under the seat in front of you (not only between your legs) for safety reasons.

• 5 months ago

Call the airline and ask. Usually(!), it's one(1) piece of luggage with defined maximum size and weight. Anything more than that, and you'll have to pay for excess luggage.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.