Are there so many homeless because we have allowed real estate agents to inflate prices because they are paid a commission?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

No. That's not the reason.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

The real estate agent commission do not have anything to do with home prices set & it does not have anything to do with People being homeless. People need to understand that this is a greedy world. People need to stop waiting & expecting others to save them. We are living in a time where technology is amazing and you can make loads of money from your phone. Keep in mind that self education is constantly required even after the formal education. There are alot of informative blogs, informative website, informative books, informative videos out there that can help you make, save & invest money plus you are able to save by going through most of their links. I constantly scout out informative stuff to help me grow and you should as well. My lastest that I found which helped my family and friends is https://www.motivatedjay.com/blog

It is time to wake up from the fairy tale and accept that no one is coming to save you. You are an adult with responsibilities so you must hustle

Best

• 5 months ago

No, that is not why.

• 5 months ago

Buyers set the market, not agents.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Uh, no, real estate agents don't control prices. A house is worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it.

• 5 months ago

Agents don't determine selling prices, buyers do. The reasons for homelessness are myriad and complex, but have nothing to do with real estate agents making a living by commission.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Realtors have nothing to do with homeless people. They are homeless for many reasons, some of them want to be which is unfortunate, many of them are on drugs, they can't afford to keep paying rent because they lost their jobs or other other sad circumstances. There are more homeless in California because the weather is more mild & not much is being done about it.

• 5 months ago

Prices are based on comps.. (other homes of similar size # of bedrooms etc) that have sold in the area. Realtors don't inflate prices, since the appraiser sets the value, not the agent. If an agent lists the house for too much, and the appraiser comes in with a lower amount, usually the seller ends up reducing the sales price to the appraised value.

Source(s): Mortgage lender 33 years.
  • R P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

No. Prices are not inflated by realtors.

• 5 months ago

Real Estate agents have nothing to do with home values. They don't have any way to make a home be worth more then it is.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.