Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 5 months ago

Can you freely share info on a property that is listed on a public real estate site (if the property isn't yours) ?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Yes, you should be able to, it is publicly available information.

• In
    Lv 6
    5 months ago

All property information is public information and is subject to disclosure or an FOIA request.

• 5 months ago

When it is public information, absolutely.

• R P
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

As long as you are 100% sure it is part of the public records for that property, yes, you can share the info.

• Anne5 months agoReport

Well, the link mentions details and has photos of the property. If I found it, anyone could find it -- I just went to the well-known, public site and found the link.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

Yes, it's public info.

• 5 months ago

Depends on what you are sharing an dhow. For example, assuming you are talking a public website run by a real estate company, they real estate agent owns the rights to the photos on the web site and you cannot share them without written permission (and you can certainly not share them on a web site that is monetized through ads). The info itself (i.e., square feet, etc.) tends to be common public knowledge and as such would have no copyright problems (that info can usually be found at a tax assessor's office, etc.).

• Anne5 months agoReport

Thanks -- how about a link that is sent to someone who may be interested in purchasing and renovating?

• 5 months ago

It depends. If it's confidential info you will be in trouble.

• John5 months agoReport

It would become public info as soon as it gets posted to a public website. If it's confidential don't put it on the freaking internet!

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.