Seth asked in HealthMental Health · 5 months ago

Does depression cause people to not enjoy what they like?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

Yes it does and they just do not enjoy life very much

• Vortex
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Of course it does. That is a big part of keeping a person depressed. When we don't enjoy the things we used to, we stop seeing friends and get very negative thoughts.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Definitely, I lost interest in everything I used to like. It ruins your life.

• 5 months ago

We are so glad that you are reaching out for help. It sounds like you are experiencing a lot of emotional pain. Know that loss of interest in daily activities (hobbies, past times, social activities, etc.) is a symptom of depression. We would suggest focusing on your self care (exercising, eating nutritiously, getting adequate sleep, etc.) to help you manage your depression.

It's so important that you reach out for support from a trusted adult such as a parent, school counselor, teacher, coach, or minister. Please consider getting evaluated by a medical doctor or mental health professional, and involved in counseling if your depression persists. It may help you to talk to a counselor at a hotline. Know that there is help out there for you and you are not alone.

Counselor, MT

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 5 months ago

yes it might spol & it will drop the interest on what they like.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

it’s called ‘’anhedonia’ and can He caused by depression. It can also be a side effect of psychiatric drugs. The cocktail of psych drugs, particularly lithium, that they put me on years ago totally destroyed my ability to be happy. I’m off all the chemical lobotomy pills for more than two years now and I still haven’t gotten it back

• Alfred
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

yes, definitely- it's one of the- more or less - defining symptoms

• 5 months ago

Yes that is one of the symptoms

• 5 months ago

yea depression causes people to not enjoy what they like

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

No it causes homes to get foreclosed.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.