What does,"Everything isn't so black and white" mean?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

It simply means everything is not as "simple" as it appears to be

• 5 months ago

situations are often more complicated than they appear

• 5 months ago

I expect.you. from cotizicis me

• 5 months ago

Things are not a perfect duality, most things are a bit of both of the ideal opposites. Shades of gray, metaphorically speaking.

Nothing is truly totally good or totally bad, totally right or totally wrong. Reality does not very often fit the perfect and pure condition. It often tends toward one or the other, but rarely gets there.

If you look at things in terms of black and white only, then it means that you are calling a lot of things as "white" or "black" that most don't see as either white or black. You have too inclusive and non-discerning perspective.

You choose to ignore that bit of white in the thing you call black, or that bit of black in the thing you call white. It is almost always actually there, if you bother to look. You simply choose not to, because it is easier for you to pretend that those unique differences are not there. They are, though, just the same.

You want to see things in simple terms when they are not that simple. Just the way it is. Reality is complex.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • JuanB
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It means a lot of things are a shade of grey.

• 5 months ago

Let s discuss"black and white".This means something done in written form and it s a phrase.The sentence implies something such as agreement or so was/is done in the written form not verbal at all.

Thanks.

• RP
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

It means things aren't as clear as they might seem.

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

Means a situation is more complex than what it appears to be.

• 5 months ago

I think it means everything isn't so black and white

Lv 7
    5 months ago

Not all situations are as clear as sparkling water

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.