Will I be able to live decently on a paralegal salary?

I live in NJ and am attending a community college that is aba approved for my associates in paralegal studies. I'm a 37 year old female with no children. I feel like it's kind of late in life, but I'm tired of low-paying jobs.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago
    Best answer

You'll be fine. You wont be wealthy, but you can certainly live decently on that salary.

Just be prepared to accept the same salary as the 21 year old applicant next in line...

• cat
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

That's up to you. Some people can live comfortably on a salary far less than what another person could. How are we supposed to judge if you personally can live comfortably on a salary we don't even know?

• 5 months ago

Check with firms

• 5 months ago

That depends on what you consider decently, and it depends on your expenses. Where you live could make a big difference. It also depends on many other things. Do you have investments worth a lot of money, that you derive income from, or a hobby that earns income, or is this your "only" way of earning income? If it is your only source of income, no, it is not particularly good income but, it isn't bad for what probably most people would figure. I consider $250k annually a "decent" income so, your question is rather vague and subjective. I also have a four year degree PLUS an associates. I'm not sure how marketable you will be with just an associates degree. I got my associates in about 2.5 months.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

you should............

• Never
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

I have no idea of the cost of living in NJ or the pay for that position. It'd be plenty in the deep south.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.