How to apologize to neighbors?

My mother went out to water her plants and my dog ran out and my neighbors were outside with their doberman, i don’t know exactly what happened at first but my mom called me over and my chihuahua was barking at the dog while one of them held it and mine even went to bite the dogs behind. the one holding their dog... show more My mother went out to water her plants and my dog ran out and my neighbors were outside with their doberman, i don’t know exactly what happened at first but my mom called me over and my chihuahua was barking at the dog while one of them held it and mine even went to bite the dogs behind. the one holding their dog said “could someone get their dog please thanks” (which had a rude tone to it and im,, very sensitive and im overthinking it now) while i went over to pick her up and i laughed and said “im sorry” as i picked her up (the laugh was a reflex i don’t know how to Deal With Things) before going back inside. i really don’t want them to hate me and i know this was my fault for not properly raising my dog (i got her when i was 15 and never bothered to train her, i don’t even know how,,, i shouldn’t have adopted until i was ready) is there anything i could do to show them im sorry?? like a gift? im really thinking too much about this, i don’t want tension between us, what could i do to make it better?
18 answers 18