Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 6 months ago

Is it a sin according to Christianity if I get married and have kids when my parents don't want . I'm 25 year old man.?

Are you thinking of "honour thy father and mother"? No, I don't think so. Parents don't get that respect above other people since the New Covenant.

No, it isn't. Go for it, if you can be a good husband and father. Make sure you have a good job first, though.

You can be respectful, but also live your own life. Are you living with your parents, and they don't want you getting married and having kids because you are not yet financially stable? If so, then that would merit some understanding. If they feel like they will be the ones to sustain your family, and that's not what they want to be doing in their old age, I can understand. However, if you are financially stable and indepedent, then exercise your God given right to be.

Therefore shall a man LEAVE his father and his mother, and shall CLEAVE unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. - Genesis 2:24, KJV

^ God gives permission to LEAVE one and CLEAVE to the other. When you are man and an adult, you are now responsible for your own decision making. You may take into account the advice of people you consider wise, even your parents if you think they are giving you sound wisdom - but it's up to you to make up your own mind.

For this cause shall a man LEAVE his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. - Ephesians 5:31, KJV

The best way to truly honor our parents is to live rightly. There needs to be some healthy respect that goes both ways. Even when a bird learns how to fly and can leave the nest, the parents respect the growth and maturity of their offspring. When tigers teach their offspring how to hunt, they expect their offspring to be able to learn how to stand strong on their own feet -- and not constantly need them to guide them. While you are a child, your parents are supposed to equip you for life, but as an adult you need to exercise your own decision making. Though we should always listen to the voice of reason and truth when we recognize it to be so. To God (if we belong to Him) we are like His little children, and we are dependent upon Him. This kind of relationship is not one we will be separated from, as we are in everlasting covenant with Him, like a marriage... meaning He is the One we cleave to. It's not that our parents can't guide us when we are adults, but there is consent involved, whereas when you were a child, the expectations were different. Parents may keep treating their adult children as little children, if they aren't taught to respect their age and maturity. It's not uncommon. There are parents that have this understanding, that an adult should be respected, but not everyone is like this, and even mother's can have a particularly difficult time as they tend to wrap their identities around their children and really don't know what to do with themselves, once that is taken away from them.

There has to be an adjustment period though, because it is more important that you be independent, than always dependent upon them, and then when they die, you don't know how to operate. Good parents really want their children to be succeed, so ultimately if you are doing that, and accomplish this, you will be honoring your parents. God made us all different people. My mom's picture of an ideal place to live is a hot island, while mine is a cold mountainous place. We are completely different people... if I were to do what she wanted me to do... then I wouldn't be true to myself, and I wouldn't be happy. All that being said, I really don't know your living situation, or have any other details than what you have told me. Do you have a job? Are you mentally stable? Not that you should tell me, but these are some factors to consider if you are thinking about having a family. If you can't afford to take care of yourself and can't get by without your parents support, then your parents might be looking out for your best interests, until you get in the right scenario.

• Jake

A person can be more obedient to his or her parents while putting God first and living according to his true vocation by reciting the rosary each day with care.

• Chris

Not a sin. You're a grown man. Go get married to a Christian girl and have many children.

------

The truth is that death leads to immediate heaven or hell, depending only on whether the person believed in Jesus for eternal life, or not.

The truth is that Jesus loves you and wants to bless your life freely :) Most of all, Jesus wants you with Him forever, and not in hell. The truth is that every belief except one will lead to eternal torment in the lake of fire for every person. Because nothing pays for our sins except the death and blood of Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus that is already accomplished by Him . Jesus loves you! The truth is that Jesus is God, and Jesus died on the cross to pay for all of our sins in full, and then Jesus resurrected from the dead. Nothing else pays for our sins, not works, not deeds, not religions. So the only way to heaven and to avoid hell, is by believing in Jesus for eternal life (John 6:47), without adding any of your own works (Romans 4:5). Believe in Jesus to take you to heaven, and you will be in heaven, no matter what, guaranteed. That easy, thanks to Jesus! Tell Jesus that you thank Him that you will be with Him in heaven when you die, because you believe in Jesus! It is too late to be saved, after death

No.... but motivation is a part of determining if it is or not.... what is your motivation

it is none of your parents business and there is no god to sin against

Probably not. Unless they have a good, logical reason for their protest, you would be doing what is Biblically commanded of all of us.

Tell them if they don't like it, they can pay for the abortions. That'll shut 'em up.

• Lv 7

Hmm, I'd imagine I'd feel dead.

• Parents don't always know what's best for you. if you're happy with your life and aren't hurting one then who cares what they think?