Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 5 months ago

I am 32 yrs old and lost in life......?

Since I was 5 I always wanted to be a singer. I've written hundreds of songs and when I was 23 yrs old I got an opportunity to get a record deal but got distracted by my current bf.

We have been together for 8 yrs and he still hasn't proposed. I have gained weight and my music has gone nowhere. I am in my last month of nursing school and I am so stressed because I'm trying to pass the finals. My passion isn't nursing. I studied this to get a decent job and to be able to support myself...

I feel 32 is too told to live my dreams go being a singer and I feel like I am not as single and free as I was at 23. Also my personality isn't as bubbly. It seems some experiences have changed who I used to be...

Help...lost

• mmm

good news - you will have a nursing career to fall back on - if you don't want to be a nurse - there are other careers in that field that do not require a doctor degree and if the health field is not for you - you will have education to help you along the way (good job, by the way!!!)

you are right, you are 32 and there will be a 'different' kind of people to listen to your music - and even if you do if for a hobby - don't stop, it makes you feel good

• Ana

Don’t take it the wrong way honey, but for every 1 famous singer, there’s 1,000,000 who are broke as a joke, and can’t pay their bills. EVERYBODY wants to be a famous singer. VERY FEW make it.

Because of the sheer unlikelihood of someone becoming a professional singer, most intelligent people stop wanting to “be a singer” once they turn 18, and they decide to get real jobs.

You could always offer voice lessons on craigslist for $40 an hour, that might help generate extra cash and be fun for you

Your life has been governed not by "fate" or "experiences" as much by CHOICES that you have made. If you want something different, make different choices and back them up by ACTIONS that get you closer to where you want to be. That is the real truth about life for most people.

"when I was 23 yrs old I got an opportunity to get a record deal but got distracted by my current bf. " this was your decision. Learn to own your decisions.

"We have been together for 8 yrs and he still hasn't proposed" then propose yourself. I'd say that you two have been together long enough to know if you want to get married or not. If he doesn't want to get married, time to know it now and take it from there.

"I am in my last month of nursing school and I am so stressed because I'm trying to pass the finals." That's understandable. Nursing is no joke.

"My passion isn't nursing. I studied this to get a decent job and to be able to support myself.". Like any adult with 2 neurons would choose. The idea that your work should also be "your passion" it's a fairly recent one. Most people have worked jobs in order to put food on the table since the dawn of times. The idea that your work should also get you fulfillment in life is a new one and quite an unrealistic one. There are tons of ways to get fulfillment in life without it needing to be "either nursing or singing". You can do both. You can explore singing again without having to starve without a job. If you really want to sing, go sing! Go to a bar and ask for a chance, what do i know.

" I have gained weight and my music has gone nowhere." Time to get on a diet and exercise a bit. First bc it's a health issue and second bc it's a health issue. Healthy body, healthy mind, remember?

"I feel 32 is too told to live my dreams go being a singer and I feel like I am not as single and free as I was at 23." Dreams and goals change through the years and that's ok. I think you need to review yours and be honest w yourself.

"Also my personality isn't as bubbly. It seems some experiences have changed who I used to be... Help...lost" We all change, that's called growth and maturity. I'm 31 and I don't want the same things I wanted when I was 23, that's natural and expected. Learn to love your new self.

• tony

It’s OK to feel frustrated (but know how to handle it so you don’t get stuck).One thing that helps me to reduce that frustration so I can move forward once again is to stop my thoughts from bouncing around in the past or a possible future by reconnecting with this moment.Reminder: This is temporary. And there is a brand new day tomorrow.

Just because this day or the last week didn’t go well doesn’t mean that there is not a brand new day tomorrow.

A day when you can start anew.

With taking action to move towards what you want, likely having a bit more luck and when it will be easier to see that this difficult time is only temporary and not permanent (even if it might feel that way right now)