Why won't my browsing history get deleted on my smartphone?

I purchased a Moto 7 Play a week ago with Android installed, and I've used it quite a bit to look at YouTube videos and read Wiki articles, and of course now I'm getting spam emails and ads keep popping up for things I might buy based on my browsing history. I followed the procedure for clearing my history... show more I purchased a Moto 7 Play a week ago with Android installed, and I've used it quite a bit to look at YouTube videos and read Wiki articles, and of course now I'm getting spam emails and ads keep popping up for things I might buy based on my browsing history. I followed the procedure for clearing my history as explained by various websites by pressing "Chrome", then "More" and then by wiping out every visited site one at a time in the log page. But, when I try to see if everything really is gone by hitting "Google" and then "Recent", it shows every single page that I thought I just cleared in a gallery that I pan up to today's most recently visited site! And I can't figure out what how to clear it,as well. Help?
2 answers 2