Challenging behaviour in the classroom?

I would like to see how other teachers deal with challenging behaviour, how do you deal with it? What do you use I.e detentions when and how long for? Isolation? Let me know your sanctions and policy for bad behaviour

4 Answers

Relevance
  • J-Dawn
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

Depends on the behavior and the function of the behavior. I prefer not to punish when possible but rather replace the poor behavior with a desired behavior.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 1 year ago

I depends on how old the kids are. If it's younger kids, you can have the "star" chart on

the wall. Good kids get more stars. Probably, you can reward with candy, that is, turn

stars in for candy.

If it's older kids, you can send them to the principle's office.

Find out what the kid really looks forward to, talking to friends, etc,

and then they will be deprived of that if they do not behave.

Some kids will simply not be reached. It's a disorder, and there's

nothing you can do about it. Don't allow yourself to be frustrated

with them.

• Anonymous
    1 year ago

I remember my head of department would come in my classroom and address some issues. He used gentle persuasion, like that of a father reasoning with the child, and with a gentle attitude. My class students had nothing much to say after that and they behaved better. I was too easily bullied by students...haha...

For me, I picked out the naughtiest student from another class and asked him what job he wanted to get after school. he said he wanted to open a fish aquarium. I told him that he could be the CEO of a fish aquarium franchise , just to inspire hope in him and the class. The class was less rowdy the subseqent lesson. The operations manager said a few days later that I was a good teacher (really???!!) I entertained another class with a song and told them some inspirational stories just to inspire hope in them. I felt like an entertainer in the washroom after the lesson.

Life is like that.

• drip
    Lv 7
    1 year ago

You should be talking to other teachers at your school. And your principal. Ask how they prefer to handle it..

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.